Have you ever unknowingly ingested drugs? This can be pretty scary and is exactly what happened to Adam Braus, the CEO of Coride.co. I recently had the pleasure of riding with Adam where he told me about this experience and about his new company, Coride. Coride is a rideshare startup that focuses on long distance rides. It’s great if you’re taking a road trip, going to a music festival, etc. (Check them out on Twitter.)
Adam is moving to the Bay Area from the midwest and was in town for business and the always daunting San Francisco housing hunt.
Our other passenger was on her way to the local healthcare facility run by Kaiser Permanente. Her destination spurred conversation about Adam’s trip to the emergency room earlier that week.
Adam was staying with a few friends in a suite in the San Francisco Embassy Hotel. They had an “open food” policy which invites all roomies to share and share alike. So, when coming home from a long day of meetings and house hunting, Adam could not resist the inviting piece of decadent chocolate cake prominently displayed in the refrigerator.
Now, keep in mind, this is all taking place a few days after Burning Man. I don’t think I need to tell you what kind of cake that was. If your guess is just chocolate, guess again. The cake was made, with care, with enough hash to get a herd of elephants stoned off their asses. Unbeknownst to Adam, he devoured the entire slice.
According to WebMD, the effects of marijuana may include euphoria, calmness, anxiety, magical or “random” thinking, short-term memory loss or paranoia. Getting high can be an adventure but consuming THC, or any other drug, without knowing it can be scary! Adam thought he was potentially having a stroke or internal bleeding. Adam rushed to the ER and ended up spending the night.
In speaking with Adam about this in retrospect, he said, “no hard feelings” and that he “actually enjoyed it after he found out that it was only drugs.”
How would you feel about this? Would you be angry, easy going?